Helping students establish lifelong healthy behaviors through a collaborative approach!
SPARK’s Nutrition Education Partner
Empowering Kids to Be Healthy and Smart from The Inside Out!
The OrganWise Guys® is an evidence-based, standards-linked nutrition online curriculum that is easy for teachers to use and is FUN for kids. A unique group of characters teach students how to be healthy and smart – from the inside out!
An evidence-based program shown to improve children’s health and academic performance!
- Improves children’s health in a statistically significant manner
- Improves students’ test scores
- Is linked to STEM, Health, Physical Education, and state-specific academic standards
- Includes social and emotional health curriculum
- Digital platform includes curriculum in both English and Spanish
- Includes the whole school environment in health promotion
- Is flexible, easy-to-implement and keeps kids on task academically
- Is linked to the Global Sustainable Development Goals
- Is included in the USDA’s SNAP-Ed PSE Toolkit (as a Research-Tested Program)
Easy-to-use online nutrition curriculum introduces students to the importance of staying healthy from the perspective of the OrganWise Guys. They are a group of characters based on important bodily organs including the heart, muscles, and brain. Through a series of story books and activity sheets, students learn how nutrition, physical activity, and healthy living impact their bodies. Digital books and activity sheets are available in English and Spanish, and there’s an option for the characters to read the stories in either language. The lessons plan on nutrition aim to improve students’ overall health and academic achievement, while also building social and emotional skills. It incorporates STEM concepts for an engaging connection between lessons and real-world application.
Curriculum includes everything needed to implement it in your center or school no additional prep work required. Along with an assortment of digital story books and activity sheets, the curriculum also includes lesson plans, supporting videos, DVDs, and CDs, links to state standards, and sustainable development goals.